You can find a great career without a college degree.
How many times have you heard this before?...
- "If you don't go to college, you'll be flipping burgers the rest of your life!"
- "You can't get a good job without a college degree."
- There are no good jobs without college degrees."
- "If you graduate college, you'll make a million dollars more on average. Why would you throw away a million dollars?"
- "If you want the American Dream, college is not optional."
And how many times have you noticed...
- ...the job market leaving people--college or no college--barely employed?
- ...the huge student loan debts of so many graduates? What's the point of a five (or six!) figure debt if you end up flipping burgers anyway?
- ...college graduates who can't change a tire, read a map or write a simple sentence? Okay, so you don't need to be a genius to get a degree. But what does a degree mean when the holder has no basic skills?!
The truth is, many great careers don't require a college degree. Stonemasons, event planners, elevator installers, powerline technicians, professional makeup artists, real estate brokers--you don't need a B.A. to rise to the top in any of these careers.
And many jobs require two years of training or less. If you're looking for good, steady work without going deep into debt, I can show you how to find it.
Now, that doesn't mean that going to college is wrong. Sometimes, college does make sense, and I'll discuss when and why you might want to go.
But remember that college is not for everyone, just as no one career is right for everyone. And even in college, you have many options open to you:
- Two-year or four-year degree?
- Private, state or community college?
- Will online classes save you money?
- What will you study?
- Are you there to learn, to get a diploma, or both?
- How can you avoid debt--and get an education that'll help you, not hurt you?
Don't be bound in by what you think your options are. A great career isn't easy to come by--but the more knowledge you have, the better. Let me show you what's out there, and help you find the best career for you.
College Optional Careers updates frequently. To stay connected, join the College Optional Careers newsletter using the form below.
Welcome to College Optional Careers. Now, let's get started...
- College Optional Careers - Blog
- Blog on college optional careers, great careers without a college degree, different forms of career education and planning.
- College Optional Careers Ezine - Subscribe Today!
- Subscribe to the College Optional Careers for updates, games, quizzes, and the chance to win free prizes.
- Beauty and Fashion Careers
- Find out more about beauty and fashion careers that don't require a four-year degree.
- Healthcare Careers
- Healthcare careers that don't require a four-year college degree.
- Legitimate Work From Home Jobs
- Complete list of legitimate work from home jobs that don't require a four-year degree.
- Free Online College Courses: How to Get A Free Education Online
- Browse thousands of free online college courses in every major subject.
- 50 States of Career Resources - Job Training, Career Counseling, Job Centers
- 50 States of Career Resources - Job Training, Career Counseling, Job Centers and More!
- Book Reviews
- Business, marketing, education and training book reviews.
- Career Centers in the USA
- Find career centers in your area today.
- How to Find a Job
- Learn how to find a job today.
- Brief interviews about college optional careers, self-education, the trades, work, and more.
- "What's the Difference Between...?"
- What's the difference between a CV and a resume? A license and a certification? A median and an average? Find answers to all your career-related terminology questions on this page.
- All lists on College Optional Careers
- 101 Ways to Make Money Online
- There are more than 101 ways to make money online. Find out how you can make money here.
- About This Website
- Learn more about this website, why it was founded, and what it aims to do.
- Contact Us
- Contact us using one of the forms below.
- Donate to Collage Optional Careers
- Donate to College Optional Careers today.
- FTC Disclaimer
- FTC disclaimer for College Optional Careers
- College Optional Careers: Image Use Policy
- The image use policy at College Optional Careers.
- College Optional Careers - Social Media
- Profile of all social media accounts associated with College Optional Careers.